Here is a list of scholarships available for Nigerian postgraduate students. All the information gathered from various sources has been compiled here for your use.
This is a list of scholarships for Nigerian students who would like to pursue postgraduate studies abroad. This list contains information about various Nigerian Scholarships for Postgraduate Students. This list also contains links to the websites where you can apply for these Scholarships. If there is any Scholarship that is not listed here, kindly post a comment below so that we can add your university’s scholarship to our list.
The purpose of this list is to create awareness amongst Nigerian students that there are scholarship funds available for postgraduate studies in Nigeria. It also intends to help them know where they can seek information/details on these scholarship funds as well as encourage them to seek funds from these sources.
The list below is a breakdown of the most popular scholarships for Nigerian postgraduate students. This will cover postgraduate scholarships and is not limited to any specific degree.
Below is a comprehensive list of available postgraduate scholarships for Nigerians,
1. PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship For Masters and PhD Students (Local Scholarship Scheme LSS)
2. PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship For Masters and PhD Students (Overseas Scholarship Scheme OSS)
3. Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Postgraduate Scholarship
4. NDDC Postgraduate Overseas Scholarship Application
5. NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
6. NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Application
7. Federal Government Scholarship For Postgraduate Students
8. PRESSID Presidential Special Scholarship Award
9. NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards /
10. Sir Emeka Offor Foundation Scholarship For Secondary, Undergraduates and Postgraduate Students
11. Apply For Dr Murtala Muhammed Scholarship
12. Google Anita Borg Scholarship (Worth €7,000)
13. SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians
14. INDOMIE NATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS
Postgraduate Grants And Scholarships for Nigerian Students
This is a list of some of the scholarships that have been made available to Nigerian postgraduate students by foreign Governments, international bodies, and/or other organizations. It also highlights some opportunities, including Government loans/grants and more, that you can access when studying overseas. All applications should be made directly to the identified sponsor. This list has been updated regularly in light of new scholarship opportunities from various sources.
Below are some of such scholarships which provide postgraduate sponsorship for Nigerian students:
- NDDC postgraduate scholarship
- NLNG postgraduate scholarship
- Agip postgraduate scholarship
- PTDF postgraduate scholarship
- Shell postgraduate scholarship
- Chevron postgraduate scholarship
- NNPC postgraduate scholarship
- Total postgraduate scholarship
- DAAD postgraduate scholarship
- Fulbright postgraduate scholarship
- Commonwealth postgraduate scholarship
- MasterCard postgraduate scholarship
Eligibility Requirements For Postgraduate Scholarships
Some of those requirements needed for these postgraduate scholarshis are:
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS or its equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree/ certificate of graduation (for Master’s students)
- Master’s degree/ certificate of graduation (for Ph.D. students)
- Research proposal (for Ph.D. students)
- Acceptance/admission letter to study at your selected university
- International passport (for those students participating in a postgraduate study abroad scholarship)
- Motivation letter to the scholarship sponsors stating why you think you are qualified to receive a postgraduate sponsorship to further your studies.
How To Apply For Postgraduate Scholarships
To apply for a postgraduate scholarship, the following steps should be taken:
Before you apply:
- Do your research on the scholarship and find out all you need to know about it, in terms of how to apply (whether online or via email or post) and particular documents to submit.
- Research the school you are applying to and find out the documents required and also if you are to apply for the scholarship before you gain admission to study or after.
- Check if you are eligible for the scholarship
- Organize all the required documents needed for the application.