USA Embassy Scholarships for International Students to Study in USA
Are you a foreign student seeking to apply for USA Embassy Scholarships?
Do you want to apply for USA Embassy Scholarship and are you finding it difficult to apply for Scholarships in USA?
The US Embassy provides a scholarship programme to all eligible applicants who have been accepted into a university in the United States. The scholarship is available for all levels of study, from undergraduate to graduate and postgraduate programmes.
What are USA Embassy Scholarships?
USA Embassy Scholarships are available to citizens of Africa, Asia, United States, Canada, Mexico, or India. The scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis for study in one of the following fields:
Economics, Geography, History, International Relations, Journalism, Law, International Trade, and Economic Cooperation.
This post will guide you on how to apply for the US Embassy scholarship programs.
Do embassies offer Scholarships?
Yes, embassies do offer scholarships to international students. US Embassy is the foremost here as they over various fully funded scholarships in USA to developing nations.
For a very long time now, the United States Embassy has endeavored to see high-performing students, qualified and generally motivated, yet fiscally incapacitated students from developing nations to study in the USA.
How can I get full scholarship in USA?
How can an international student get a full scholarship in USA?
As an international student, you can get a full scholarship in USA by following the scholarship application guidelines outlined in this article. We have listed a quite number of fully-funded scholarships in the USA Below;
List of Fully Funded Scholarships in USA:
- The US Embassy Scholarships
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship for International Students
- Fulbright Foreign Scholarship
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarship
- Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
- Humphrey Fellowship Program
- MMMF Grants for Women of Developing Countries
- AAUW International Fellowship
- 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship
- Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholar-Practitioners from Developing Nations
Who can apply for US Embassy Scholarships?
Candidates with an offer of admission (candidates can apply for admission in any US university and get admitted before applying for this US Embassy Scholarship) are chosen for scholarships based on criteria set out by the US Embassy scholarship committee.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF US EMBASSY SCHOLARSHIPS?
Benefits linked to the US Embassy Scholarship usually will include, aside from tuition fees;
- An upkeep settlement ($14,900 to cover significant lots (2018-19 rate)
- One economy single air ticket at both the start and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs and the buying price of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Sharp financing headway – from $500 to $2,000, which would depend upon the duration of your course.
- Family settlement – up to $10,120 for a first youth and up to $4,320 for a second immature. You don’t see any related extra support.
What are the Requirements for US Embassy Scholarship Application?
English language requirements will depend on whether you present a test certification or you are from an English-speaking country.
Eligible Countries: Students from Africa and the Middle East (Asian). Specific countries are: Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Botswana, Malawi, Mali, Cameroon, Algeria, Angola, African Republic, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo(Republic), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, India, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Togo, Tunisia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Central Chad, Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Guinea, Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, South Sudan and
The Middle East includes Asia: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, the Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Important Documents For Applying to US Embassy Scholarships
These are the most important documents needed in applying for the USA Embassy Scholarships:
- Two-page Statement of Intent/Study Objective
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Copy
- Academic Records (Certificate and Transcript)
- Two Reference Letters
Getting Started: The steps to apply for US Embassy Scholarships
In order to apply for the US Embassy Scholarships, interested applicants should follow these steps;
- 1: Search for Scholarship: Use the application link given in the post and proceed to the application page for the current and detailed application guide. We recommend you visit the official US Embassy scholarship information page for details on available scholarships and programs; including requirements for applicants.
- 2: Prepare Application Documents: Arrange all required documents including all past educational qualifications and academic transcripts (for the postgraduate students) for easy submission as will be required
- 3: Fill Application Form: Fill in your information in the application provided and exchange your reports as required.
It’s Important to Note that:
- You can also download the application form, fill and submit it with your supporting credentials at the US embassy in your country (this depends on the approach adopted by the US embassy/consulate in your country). See the Application Link for US Embassy Scholarships in different countries.
- The embassy does not charge any fees to apply for scholarships
- You will have to apply to an institution in the USA for a study degree as part of the application process.
For more details, visit the US Embassy website
Problems with Applying for US Embassy Scholarships
Getting a US Embassy Scholarship to study in the US can be quite cumbersome. One of the reasons for this is that not all scholarships are available to international students. If you are an international student, make sure to take advantage of all available resources.
US Embassy Scholarship applicants must be admitted to any of the US universities. International students have to meet all of the admission requirements.
Scholarship applicants might find it very hard to locate their country’s US Embassy Scholarship application link online. Here is the US Embassy Scholarship application link for various countries.
My Experience with the US Embassy Scholarship Application Process
- you can download the application form, and fill and submit it with your supporting credentials at the US embassy in your country (this depends on the approach adopted by the US embassy/consulate in your country).
- The US embassy does not charge any fees to apply for scholarships
- You should apply to an institution in the USA for a study degree within the application process.
Studying in the USA can be much easier if you get the opportunity for government funding via grants, bursaries, and scholarships. Government funding in most cases will usually offer a complete cost for studying any programs of your choice. This post guides you to the US Embassy scholarship programs. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship, the US Department of Education offers a wide range of awards.