Great Scholarships are completely financed scholarships for foreign students who desire to study in the UK. Submissions for GREAT Scholarships are currently ongoing. The opportunity is open for masters, and covers up to £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
The Great Scholarships program is mutually sponsored by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign, and the British Council with partaking UK Universities. The program offers various scholarships from UK universities, across a range of subjects for international scholars. Each scholarship is a sum of £10,000 for tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
Why Study in the UK?
A UK university qualification opens opportunities wherever you go in the world. The UK’s academic status is renowned all over the world. UK universities are built on a national heritage that is now centuries old. UK’s approach to education applies the very recent learning theory through academic institutions that routinely top international tables. UK’s advanced teaching methods produce successful, resourceful graduates who are highly demanded by employers around the globe.
The UK has been the desired choice for some of the most greatest minds in history. One out of four world leaders has schooled in the UK, so if you’re dreaming of attaining great things, you can be certain you’re in the perfect place in the UK.
The UK has 162 higher education institutions, and they are all held to high standards by the government, so you know you are getting the best teaching, support and resources available.
A whole list of renowned bodies, universities and colleges that can award degrees is published yearly, to make it accessible for students to see the relative quality on offer, up and down the country, and guarantee that the qualification will have credibility abroad.
- Study Level: Masters
- Institution(s): See List below
- Study in: UK
- Duration of Program: one-year for postgraduate course
- Deadline: Varies, according to university admission deadlines
Academic Institutions Under Great Scholarship
- Bangor University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Agricultural University
- Teesside University
- Ulster University
- University of Bath
- University of Cambridge
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Hull
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- University of South Wales
- University of Warwic
Benefits of Great Scholarships
Beneficiaries of Great Scholarships will be offered the benefit below:
- Each Great Scholarship is worth a sum of £10,000 for tuition fees for a 1-year postgraduate course.
Eligibility for Great Scholarships
To be eligible for Great Scholarships, applicant must satisfy all the conditions below:
- Required Language(s): English
- Eligible Nations: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- Applicant should hold an undergraduate degree that will qualify them to enter a postgraduate (taught) program in a UK university
- Applicant should be driven and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- Applicant should be active in the field with work experience or established interest in the subject area
- Applicants should satisfy the English language requirement of the UK university
How to Apply for Great Scholarships
To apply for Great Scholarships, please follow the following guidelines below:
- An applicant has to select out of the universities according to his country of origin.
- An applicant must get the acceptance letter before or while applying for the Great Scholarships.
- An applicant has to apply for GREAT scholarships online before the closing date.
- The submission closing date varies based on university admission deadlines.
The opportunity is open for masters, and covers up to £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.