SBW Berlin welcomes applications from foreign students for the SBW Berlin Scholarship. This award is available for undergraduate and master’s studies. SBW Berlin Scholarship offers complete tuition fees waiver, monthly allowance, accommodation and travel stipend, and further remunerations.
SBW Berlin backs academic projects all over the globe. SBW Berlin Scholarship will add to the global advancement and distribution of knowledge and education. The program supports young individuals from overseas who have a financially underprivileged family background, and utilize the skills they obtain during their studies in Germany to enhance long-term non-profit projects, preferably in their home countries.
The program awards scholarships for Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in Berlin, and Potsdam on the grounds of the student’s academic heights, personal aptitudes and social needs. In exceptional circumstances we also help with vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam. Funding of studies in your home country or in other German federal states is omitted.
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): SBW Berlin
- Country: Germany
- Fields of Study: All fields
- Duration of Program: Depends on the selected degree.
- Deadline: June 30th / December 31st (Yearly)
Benefits of SBW Berlin Scholarship
Beneficiaries of SBW Berlin Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- A room in a student flats in Berlin.
- Cost-of-living stipend in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Likely also a travel stipend for your journey to Berlin before the beginning of your studies and for the journey home after you have finished your studies
Eligibility for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To be eligible for SBW Berlin Scholarship, applicants must satisfy all the requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- Age Range: 18-30 years old
- Candidates should be before the start of their university schooling or completely registered in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-acknowledged university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree just before or after gaining a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Candidates who are capable of proving a relatively low net income.
- Experience in Extra-curricular Activities: Candidates who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the guidelines below.
NB: You already have admission, acceptance or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
- Fill application form.
- Enter your personal and contact details and add your photograph.
- State details about your present and prior education.
- Provide details about the following:
- Your parents and family members.
- Latest school or university certificate.
- Highest school leaving certificate.
- Highest acquired university degree.
- Present occupation and anticipated career.
- Training, in the event of applications for vocational training.
- Internships and expert experience.
- Your abilities, hobbies and interests.
- Experience travelling abroad
- Volunteering experience
- Attach the documents below:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long).
- Duplicate of your most recent school or university certificate that shows your grade point average and a grade overview.
- Duplicate of your top academic degree (university certificate or high school diploma) with your grade point average and a grade overview.
If available, provide copies of the following documents as well:
- University admission or evidence of your qualification for university entrance.
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your
studies will be taught.
- All prior work, training, references, apprenticeship and internship certificates.
- If you have already began studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records
of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We advise all candidates to submit the following added documents, which are not compulsory:
- One or two recommendation letters from professors, employers, schoolteachers, etc.
- Proof of the net household income
- The submissions and all enclosed certificates with supporting documents must be submitted in German or English through email to email@example.com.
The concluding decision if a scholarship (beginning the next semester) will be awarded can be expected at the start of February respectively the beginning of August of every year.
To inquire further about SBW Berlin Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.