The University of Illinois has started to accept submissions for its new and exciting International Student Merit Award. This award will minimize bright foreign students’ financial pressure. This funding assistance is projected for the 2022/2023 academic year, and is renewable for about 4 years. All successful applicants will win an award that varies from a sum of $2,000n to $4,000.
University of Illinois Springfield – About
The University of Illinois Springfield was established by a group of central Illinois citizens who formed the Springfield Committee for Higher Education. It has a lovely campus that consists of scholars, students and faculty of different ages, backgrounds, and traditions.
Why University of Illinois Springfield? This school is ranked as one of the best 15 public regional universities in the Midwest by US News & World Report. Here, students can pick out of 31 bachelor’s degrees, 1 doctoral degree, and 20 master’s courses available in a variety of fields. UIS campus affords students amazing facilities like housing preferences, a cricket field, tennis court, a challenge course, gymnasium, and a recreation center, etc.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
International Student Merit Award – Summary
- Awarding Institution: University of Illinois Springfield
- Department: N/A
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Award Value: $2,000 to $4,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: USA
Eligibility for International Student Merit Award
To be eligible for International Student Merit Award, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Students from any nation are qualified to apply.
- Eligible Courses: Undergraduate degree programs in any field.
- Candidates must want to enroll in an undergraduate course at the University of Illinois Springfield.
- They must be completely admitted and registered in a degree-seeking program.
- Persons who are already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not qualified to apply.
- They must have official final transcripts gotten by the Office of Admission by the time classes starts.
How to Apply for International Student Merit Award
To apply for International Student Merit Award, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Students will be qualified to apply for this program if their application for admission in an undergraduate program has been accepted successfully.
- Necessary Documents:
- Pre-Qualification Degree
- Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Certificates of English Language Proficiency
- A Personal Statement
- A Copy of Passport
- Admission Prerequisites: Candidates who have a high school diploma can embark on an undergraduate degree course at the University of Illinois Springfield.
- Language Prerequisites: Applicants whose native language is not English Language will have to submit an official score report from the TOEFL or IELTS.
Scholarship amounts are based on full-time admission at UIS and are yearly, to be split between the fall and spring semesters.
Scholarship awards will be granted to applicants who satisfy the criteria based on their admission date until funds have been exhausted. Those admitted conditionally with pending receipt of final transcripts because of in-progress courses at their community college will be considered for the scholarship, if their final transcript arrives by the deadline and they still meet the eligibility requirements.
The closing date for having final transcripts in for full admission is when classes start. Awards will be distributed via the Office of Financial Assistance and credited toward educational expenses on the student’s account. First half will be in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester. It is renewable with an institutional cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Benefits of International Student Merit Award
Beneficiaries of International Student Merit Award will be offered the benefits below:
- $2,000 for students with 00 to 3.49 GPA
- $3,000 for students with 50 to 3.74 GPA
- $4,000 for students with 75 to 4.00 GPA
To inquire further about International Student Merit Award, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.