Curtin University is pleased to present the Public Health Scholarship program in order to assist scholars who want to embark on a PhD program (epidemiological research) at the School of Public Health.
Interested individuals should hold a laboratory-based undergraduate degree in a technical field (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering) at a high level (honors) of academic achievement. All interested individuals should also have IELTS Overall Score: 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0).
Curtin University – About
Curtin University has up-to-date academic and research infrastructures that will equip students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development. Scholarships are part of Curtin’s dedication to rewarding academic merit, sponsoring research, and empowering students from all backgrounds to actualize their potential. Funding is open to both starting and current Curtin students. Sponsorships are not just to fix financial constraints, they can upgrade your portfolio of achievements.
The utmost goal of Curtin University is to transform minds, lives and the world at large through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research. The largest university in Western Australia is Curtin University. More than 40,000 scholars attend a total of 16 Curtin locations, with campuses allover such as: in Singapore, Sydney, and East Malaysia.
Public Health Scholarship – Summary
- Deadline: Submissions for Public Health Scholarship at Curtin University will be accepted at any time.
- Course Level: Public Health Scholarship is accessible to embark on a PhD program in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Focus Area: A 3-year entirely-sponsored PhD funding is available for a brilliant individual to conduct health services research that centers on health systems, and implementation science.
- Funding Amount: The winner will be offered a sum of $27,596 yearly.
- Number of Awards: one
- Eligible Individuals: Open to: Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, and Australian Permanent Residents.
- Location: Australia
Public Health Scholarship – Eligibility
To be worthy of Public Health Scholarship, interested persons must tick all the requirements listed below:
- Eligible Nations: Australian Citizen; International students; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen and Australian Permanent Residents are qualified to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Prerequisites: The winner will have:
- MSc degree in a connected field necessitating the completion of a publicly available thesis or research work to an acceptable standard.
- A BSc degree with first-class honors or Graduated with a BSc degree (with first-class or upper second honors) and accomplished a postgraduate diploma or its equivalent, or attained a master degree by coursework, with in these cases, a course-weighted average of not lower than 70% in the University, and exhibited the will and ability to carryout significant research.
- Furthermore, they should:
- Have great numeric skills and an interest in quantitative research.
- If possible have experience in research and/or the experience of statistical packages.
- Preferably have knowledge of publishing peer-reviewed research.
Public Health Scholarship – Benefits
The winner of Public Health Scholarship will be awarded the benefits listed below:
- The individual will get an allowance of $27,596 per annum.
- The period of the award will run for 3 years with a possible extension of up to six months.
Public Health Scholarship – How to Apply
To apply for Public Health Scholarship, interested person should follow the steps below:
- Submit your application via e-mail. Please communicate to Lynda Bergey (lynda.bergey-at-curtin.edu.au).
- Useful Documents: You should provide a CV, academic transcripts, and a brief covering letter (not more 2 sides A4) that focuses on the eligibility criteria. The letter should explain why you want to embark on the project, and how your abilities, attributes, and experience make you a fit applicant for the sponsorship.
- English Language Prerequisites: IELTS Overall: 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0.
To inquire further and apply for Public Health Scholarship, please visit the Official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.