The Research Training Scholarship at James Cook University is a life-transforming opportunity to school at James Cook University, with a scholarship support for the academic year 2022/2023.
This sponsorship is primarily allocated to foreign and domestic students who are onshore in Australia at the period of application. Individuals who want to embark on a postgraduate research program at James Cook will be offered this award.
James Cook University – About
JCU is the 2nd oldest university in Queensland. It is a learning and research institution, and the university’s major campuses are found in the tropical cities of Townsville and Cairns, and another in the city state of Singapore. There is also a Brisbane campus, managed by Russo Higher Education, which teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses to foreign and domestic students.
James Cook University aims to discover and develop novel therapeutics and diagnostics utilizing innovative and cross-disciplinary molecular bioscience research. In the “Best Global Universities”, it ranks 287th.
JCU’s major areas of research comprise of environmental sciences, mathematical sciences, biological sciences, earth sciences, technology, medical and health sciences, agricultural and veterinary sciences. These study centers make programs and support available for students living in rural and remote places.
The biggest campus is JCU’s Townsville, and is situated on 386 hectares in the district of Douglas, close to the army base, and the lee of Mount Stuart. Initially situated in the district of Pimlico, the university relocated to its present site in 1967. More than 10,000 students are at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba campus, with over 1,300 foreign students. Adjacent to the JCU is the Townsville Hospital.
Why study at James Cook University? The university has initiated the type of research and learning that makes a difference to people, societies, natural world, and the built environment. It is committed to quality education, learning and research. This empowers the students of JCU with skills and knowledge to satisfy the demands of the workforce in the tropics, and all through the world.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2022
Research Training Scholarship – Summary
- Academic Institution: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Postgraduate research
- Award Value: $28,597
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic and International
- Award Location: Australia.
Eligibility for Research Training Scholarship
To be eligible for Research Training Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nationalities: Candidates from Australia and all other foreign nations can apply.
- Eligible Course: Higher degrees by research programs offered at JCU are available.
- The candidates must have been registered and accepted by JCU in the degree program applied for.
Benefits of Research Training Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Research Training Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The successful students will be awarded an overseas health cover.
- A living stipend of $28,597 per year for up to 3.5 years will also be covered.
How to Apply for Research Training Scholarship
To apply for Research Training Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants must log in to the university portal and fill in necessary details in the application portal.
- Specify that they aim to apply for a scholarship at the period of application. Everyone will be considered for all the scholarships they qualify for.
- Necessary Documents: The applicants are expected to present the documents below to the university:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Postgraduate qualification
- Evidence of citizenship or residency/Passport
- List of Publications
- HDR application form
- Admission Prerequisites: The candidates must have reasonably completed 12 years of schooling and hold the suitable English Proficiency level to be admitted to JCU.
- Language Prerequisites: The candidates are expected to achieve minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 74
- PTE – 52
- C1 Advanced/ C2 Proficiency – 169
- ISLPR – 3
- JCUCEAP – Level 3
To apply and inquire further about Research Training Scholarship at James Cook University, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.