The DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program is a great platform and opportunity for scholars who want to embark on postgraduate study program in Germany. MIPLC – Munich Intellectual Property Law Center presents scholarship funding to scholars from developing countries as a part of the DAAD’s program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.”
DAAD is a growth-based postgraduate academic program, and promotes the training of experts from growing and emerging industrialized countries. Properly-trained local experts who are associated with foreign partners play a germane part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the greatest guarantee for a greater future with reduced poverty, advanced education, and health for all.
The scholarship program offer international graduates from developing and emerging industrialized countries from all fields, with a minimum of two years professional experience. And it also offers an opportunity to embark on a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a university in Germany. And in exceptional situations, to take a doctoral degree, and to attain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship Program – Summary
Scholarship Duration: Duration of course
Study Level: Postgraduate
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – About
The DAAD grant is a private federally funded and state-financed self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany. This is on behalf of 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art). The scheme does not manage programs of study or courses, but it award competitive merit-based funding for use to study and/or research in Germany, at any of the accredited German academic institution.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program – Benefits
Recipients of DAAD MIPLC Scholarship Program will be awarded the supports listed below:
- Beneficiaries will be given a full tuition waiver.
- The scheme will pay the recipient a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00.
- As a routine, the award also comprises of certain support for health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- The individual will normally be paid an appropriate travel allowance, except these responsibilities are covered by the home country or by another funding means.
- The program will also pay recipient’s study and research allowance.
- The funding pays for a mandatory two-month German course before commencing the MIPLC LL.M. program.
Note: The award does not cover supplementary expenses, e.g. acceptance fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program – Eligibility
To qualify for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship award, scholars have to satisfy the prerequisites listed below:
- They should have at least of 4-year BSC degree (or a 3-year BSc degree with a further degree), attained with above-average results.
- The latest degrees must have been acquired not over six years ago.
- They should have at least two years full-time expert experience achieved in a public authority, a state, or private company in a developing nation (university staff and academics are mostly not taken considered).
- To meet the aforementioned condition, it is enough if the scholar has finished the two years by when the program begins in October. Whatever the case may be, the experience must have been acquired after finishing their first university degree.
- Interested scholars must have English test scores which meets the MIPLC prerequisites.
DAAD MIPLC Scholarship program – How to Apply
To apply for DAAD MIPLC Scholarship Program, the interested individuals should follow the steps listed below:
- Interested and worthy scholars should visit German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on www.miplc.de to apply.
- You can choose to apply for yours over a year in advance.
- Please go over the Application Guidelines for full details.
Note: Concluded submissions will be reviewed for admission on a rolling basis. From all submissions, we will emerge with a shortlist of candidates, who will be sent invites for a video conference interview. This will take place in January or February. Based on these interviews, the MIPLC will pre-select the eligible, and DAAD will take the final decision in early March.
For further details about DAAD MIPLC Scholarships program, visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.